|Closing date:||14 Sep 2018|
|Salary:||£25 - £30K|
|Location:||Coleraine, County Londonderry, Northern Ireland|
Location: Coleraine, County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
Hours of Work: 10am-7pm (5 days out of 7)
Job Summary: Reporting to the Head of Transport (NI) you will be part of dynamic team responsible for ensuring all deliveries are carried out smoothly and effectively. The work environment is fast paced and will suit someone who enjoys problem solving and reacting to unforeseen developments.
- Accident investigations and follow up.
- Ensuring paperwork is completed to a high standard.
- Dealing with insurance claims.
- Driver Daily debrief process.
- Rota – Planning the allocation of drivers and helpers to ensure coverage on all routes.
- Maintaining an accurate “route-knowledge” database.
- Identifying opportunities for cross training
- Managing work place conduct/disciplinary processes including driving infringements.
- Using existing or new software/systems to ensure all aspects of the transport function are continually becoming more efficient.
- Assisting Head of Transport (NI) to introduce improvements to current delivery schedules and routes.
- Working with Fleet Coordinator to manage the day to day running and maintenance of the company’s 80 strong fleet of units and refrigerated lorries.
- Production of daily statistics and reports for Management team.
- Monitoring text communication system with staff – passing on information as required to relevant colleagues.
- Cash handling.
- Play a key role in ensuring the business exceeds our customer’s expectations.
- Ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements.
- Making sure that drivers are aware of their duties, responsibilities and procedures.
- Collaborate with HR with regards to all employee relations matters.
- Experience of leading a team.
- Good Geographical knowledge of Northern Ireland.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Ability to comply with Health and Safety Standards.
- A strong work ethic with an ability to take ownership of own role and responsibilities.
- Experience in the transport industry, ideally within the FMCG industry.
- Experience and confidence using the full Microsoft Office Suite or programs – with particular emphasis on Excel.
- Commercially focussed with a customer service orientated mind set and a commitment to excellence in operations and safety.
- Positive Attitude and approach to work.
- Flexible with regards to working hours.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Proactive, well organised and self-motivated.
- Ability to work well under pressure and have the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Transport Manager CPC Qualification.
- Proven track record within a busy Transport office and a strong planning background.
- Previous experience of working with temperature-controlled vehicles.
- To have or to have had a C+E licence would be an advantage.
- 2+ Years practical experience in a busy transport environment.
Lynas Food Service is an Equal Opportunities Employer.