Will you be cooking an Easter feast and want something different to feed the family this year? Look no further than this slow cooked Boeuf Bourguignon. This classic French dish is so much more than just another beef stew, and is something that the whole family will enjoy. Be sure to watch our recipe video at the end to see just how easy it is to replicate this dish in your own kitchen this Easter.
- 1kg Causeway Prime Brisket*
- 6 slices of Lynas bacon diced*
- 300ml red cooking wine*
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tsp of dried thyme*
- 2 white onions
- 3 carrots*
- 3 stalks of celery
- 2 tsp garlic puree*
- 1 tbsp tomato puree*
- 300ml beef stock*
- 455g button mushrooms
- Salt and pepper (to season)*
- Cornflour if needed
- 1 bay leaf*
*Ingredients available at your local Lynas Food Outlet
1. Preheat the slow cooker to low (if you don’t have a slow cooker, you can use a large casserole dish and cook at a low heat in your oven). In a large frying pan add the bacon and cook until slightly crispy then place in the slow cooker. Pat the beef dry and cut into chunks before seasoning. Keep the bacon oil in the frying pan and cook the seasoned beef in small batches until they slightly brown before removing them and adding to the slow cooker with the bacon.
2. Now, lightly fry the onions and carrots in the frying pan then add to the cooker along with the mushrooms. Mix together the beef stock, red wine, tomato puree, garlic, thyme and bay leaves then pour over the meat pieces.
3. Season well with salt and pepper and place the lid on and slow cook for 5-6 hours or until the beef is tender. If you need to thicken the sauce slightly, mix cornflour with a little water to make a paste then add to the dish and stir through. Heat on high for a few minutes to thicken.
4. Serve the beef with garlic mashed potatoes, green beans and the rich sauce poured over the top with a sprinkling of parsley and enjoy.
Simple and tastes great. What more can we say! Call into your nearest Lynas Food Outlet store to pick up the ingredients needed to replicate this slow cooker beef bourguignon recipe. Keep up to date with all of our latest offers and recipes by connecting with Lynas on Facebook and Twitter. You can also watch our latest recipe videos over on our YouTube channel.