Looking for new meals to add to the family repertoire? Slow cook meals can be great for family cooking as you can leave your meal to cook during the day while you head of to work or concentrate on tasks around the house. Our chef Russell has been busy in the kitchen creating this wonderfully tasty slow cooked chicken teriyaki.
The marinade is naturally sweetened with honey and the coriander adds a little zing to make this recipe even better. Simple, easy and healthy. What more could your family ask for. Be sure to check out the video below for steps to creating this great dish.
- 4 Lynas chicken fillets
- 120 ml honey
- 120 ml soy sauce
- 2 chopped red onions
- 2 chopped green peppers
- 1 tbsp garlic puree
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Sesame seeds to garnish
1. Make the marinade in a bowl by adding together the soy sauce, ginger, garlic puree and honey. Mix this together and then leave aside.
2. To a slow cooker add the onions, peppers and chicken fillets. Add half your chopped coriander over the fillets and then pour in your marinade ensuring it covers the meat. Begin your slow cook on a low heat for 6 hours.
3. Once the meat has cooked in the slow cooker, shred it and mix all the ingredients together.
4. Serve with rice and garnish with the remaining coriander and sesame seeds.
If you would like to thicken the sauce, add a little cornflour mixed with water then heat.
Slow Cooked Chicken Teriyaki:
Do you like to get creative with your slow cooked? Call into your nearest Lynas Food Outlet store to pick up the ingredients needed to replicate this slow cooked chicken teriyaki recipe.